toasted almond milk
Recipe for toasted almond milk from "Death & Co: Modern Classic Cocktails"
almonds (blanched, sliced)
- The original recipe calls for 1 cup blanched, sliced almonds and 2 cups and 2 tablespoons of warm water; this is made unit-agnostic with an 8:17 ratio.
- Toast the almonds over medium-low heat in a dry saucepan, stirring continuously, until golden brown
- Transfer to blender and add the water (warm in temperature)
- Pulse until finely chopped; then blend for 2 minutes
- Strain through a cheesecloth-lined sieve